Thursday, November 12, 2009

Walking On Air Ya'll...!!!

Wow, this is an exciting post and one with big news! Those who have been reading my blog will remember a recent post showing some images and the video of our church's Feeding Bodies, Feeding Souls outreach ministry. I wanted the message that those images convey to reach an even broader audience, so when I saw a national photography contest featuring books on Faces, I jumped at the chance to enter it. I had 5 days of create and enter a book on faces - any faces. The book had to be built using Shutterfly's website and entered through a sharing site run by Ree Drummond from The Pioneer Woman...okay, no problem. One day later, and 3 days before the deadline I entered my book entitled Portraits of Hope, Hunger, and Homelessness.

There were over 1000 entries and all featured the charming faces of babies, children, dogs, cats, and even birds. Would my book of faces have a chance? Faces that showed pain, despair, hunger, and yes - even a bit of hope and joy? YES, I had a chance!! My book was listed on the top of the list of 2nd place finishers!

I am humbled and thrilled that that message of hope and giving to the less fortunate was recognized, acknowledged and commented on by a growing number of visitors to Shutterfly's website.

Thank you Ree Drummond! I am honored.

Please visit these websites to see my book and the other entries that were also selected.

http://pioneerwomanfaces.shutterfly.com/3637 Here's the preview of my book on Sutterfly.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/ Here's the contest website with all the winners.

Enjoy...and spread the spirit of giving...
Robin

{Solo Deo Gloria}

3 comments:

  1. Way to go MOM! I'm so proud of you.
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree "Way to go Robin" you rock. A very talented photographer you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Robin!

    ReplyDelete